Live Galatians 2-20
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Filled....

3 posters

Go down

Be Filled.... Empty Be Filled....

Post  beaubrezina Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

Just wanted to share with you guys what the Lord showed me this morning....I am pretty pumped about it....so I have to get it out Smile

I have been running on "E" recently - especially in regards to parenting (i.e. "fleshing" it out). There are more "needs" than I can humanly fulfill and I haven't been doing a great job at meeting them with joy and peace in my heart (hmmm...I wonder why) Smile

I was talking to Father about it this morning and He told me (surprise, surprise) to let HIM meet those needs through me....His life, His power....in and through me. He told me to BE. How do I BE? Believe! Believe what?

Here is the "what" that He showed me to believe....

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit," Ephesians 5:18

I have heard pastors say that "be filled" in this verse is a continuous ongoing action (be, being constantly filled). My Greek-English interlinear Bible agrees with that interpretation. You guys who are skilled in Greek verb tenses and the like will have to confirm that.

I did look up the Greek word though (pleroo) and here is one aspect of the definition

- to make full, to fill up, i.e. to fill to the full

1. to cause to abound, to furnish or supply liberally
1. I abound, I am liberally supplied

Of course, I can't cause myself to be filled with the Spirit. It's God who filled me with His Spirit and sealed me with Him at the point of salvation (Eph 1:13_. I can choose to believe (on a constant continuous basis) that I abound and that I am liberally supplied....

There is good reason to believe it....because God says....

He has poured Himself into me (Rom 5:5) and made me one with Him (1 Cor. 6:17)

He has given me everything I need for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3)

He has blessed me with every spiritual blessing (which is God Himself - in Me) (Eph 1:3)

When I believe it...I experience it and God's life flows out to my needy kids Smile

If you have stuck with this stream of consciousness email this far....thanks.

Blessings on your Friday! I pray you have a wonderful, abounding, liberally supplied one!

Beau

beaubrezina

Back to top Go down

Be Filled.... Empty Filled here...

Post  Maximus Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Thanks for the word Beau. I am filled here, and encouraged by our post. Very Happy
Maximus
Maximus

Back to top Go down

Be Filled.... Empty Re: Be Filled....

Post  clint taylor Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:08 pm

thanks Beau... I too have been running on empty. Its nice to here these wonderful reminders.
blessings to ya...... clint

clint taylor

Back to top Go down

Be Filled.... Empty Clint !!!

Post  Maximus Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 pm

SO good to "see" you brother. Thanks for checking in, and sharing your "filling" with us.

maximus
Maximus
Maximus

Back to top Go down

Be Filled.... Empty mark

Post  clint taylor Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:00 am

great thing ya got going here!!!!! its great to here from all of the adt kds and be able to check in with you guys bounce

clint taylor

Back to top Go down

Be Filled.... Empty Re: Be Filled....

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum